Autumn Term – “ Bodies”
Can record results using a simple table.
The Human Body – keeping fit
- Can describe the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food, and hygiene.
- Can find out about and describe the basic needs of animals, including humans, for survival (water, food and air).
Animal Bodies – food chains and habitats
- Can describe how animals obtain their food from plants and other animals, using the idea of a simple food chain, and identify and name different sources of food.
- Can identify that most living things live in habitats to which they are suited and describe how different habitats provide for the basic needs of different kinds of animals and plants, and how they depend on each other.
- Can identify and name a variety of plants and animals in their habitats, including microhabitats.
Geography – “Bodies of Water”
Location and Place Knowledge
- Understands that both a map and a globe show the same thing.
- Can locate hot and cold areas of the world in relation to the equator and the poles
- Can name and locate the world's 7 continents and 5 oceans on a map and a globe
- Can name the countries and capital cities of the United Kingdom and the surrounding seas
History – “Body Beautiful and Special Bodies”
- Can name key people in local history and their achievements (Kate Winslet; Kate Middleton; Kate Moss; Justin Fletcher)
- Knows that history is still being made
Art – “Bodies inspired art”
- Enjoys exploring using a wide range of materials, colour and taught techniques
- Can use a sketch book to collect, record and trial ideas
- Can draw on ideas and processes to plan and develop pieces to match a given brief
- Practices skills and techniques as part of the development process
Skills and techniques
- Can use a range of materials to add line, texture and colour
- Can make a simple collage using textured materials
Design and Technology
- Select from and use a range of tools and equipment to perform tasks (for example, cutting, shaping, joining and finishing).
- Select from and use a wide range of materials and components, including construction materials, textiles and ingredients, according to their characteristics.
Appreciation and Evaluation
- Use the basic principles of a healthy and varied diet to prepare dishes.
- Understand where food comes from.
- Can talk about uses of technology in and outside school
- Knows that different devices and programs perform different tasks
- Makes simple choices around technology when faced with given tasks
- Can use technology to manipulate texts, images and sounds
- Can save and retrieve digital media in/from given locations
- Can retrieve online content with support including simple searches
- Uses technology safely, respectfully and responsibly
- Can dribble a ball forwards using their feet or with a hockey stick and be able to stop it
- Can throw, kick or strike a ball into a target/goal
- Can pass a ball (or beanbag) in a simple team game by throwing and catching
- Can use kicking, rolling and hitting skills in simple games
- Follows rules to play games
- Decides on the best space or position to be in during a game
- Shows some tactical awareness for the game they are playing e.g. attack and defence